Thursday, September 07, 2006

Books

A list of some books I like. Order through these clicks and help support my site.

Pregnancy Books



This is not a serious medical tome but rather a good comfort and good laugh. I devotedly follow her advice to keep my nails well manicured & my feet well pedicured because as the rest of my body goes totally out of control, it's really nice to be able to look at clean, pretty nails and feel SOME sense of stability. Plus, it feels good to have my feet massaged a bit and I imagine that soon I will not be able to care for them myself!

My favorite pregnancy reference. Well-designed so you don't have to read through scary lists of horrible things that can go wrong. Easy-to-digest (and read with your partner) mini-chapters on what's going on with you and your baby each week. Includes gentle suggestions of things to do, not preachy lectures. Also recommended by a friend for the post-partum baby care sections.


Cookbooks


The book I'm cooking my way through. Excellent holiday sections. Wide spectrum of Ashkenazi and Mizrachi foods.


The classic. Not that I've read it.


Jewish Books


So far, liking it. There are some errors in the name section, but her attitude is right on.

Super book on planning a Jewish wedding. Highly reassuring, hence useful.

Great Reads


Really enjoyed this one. Funny, entertaining true story of disgruntled 29-year old secretary who takes on the task of cooking all 500+ recipes in Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" within a year.

No comments: