Thursday, July 20, 2006

This Pregnant Body: Week 18

From my latest PregnancyWeekly newsletter:

LAURA, sufficient rest is one of the most important components of a healthy
pregnancy. Pregnancy-related insomnia may start to affect your daily routine,
but there are things you can do to help. Make sure you always go to the bathroom
before you go to bed so you won't be awakened in the middle of the night. Try
using pillows in different places under your chest, abdomen or between your
knees. Find an arrangement that is most comfortable for you. Take a warm bath or
read before bed to relax you further.Click here to read more about insomnia.


Too funny. I actually snickered out loud. Daily routine, hah! Sleep clearly is really important. I slept great last night after another weepy evening then a quiet walk with Adi around Ein HaEmek under the stars.

Funny how pregnancy prepares you for taking care of a baby by turning you into one. Not enough sleep and I get cranky and tearful. Feed me NOW when I'm hungry or I get ansy. Forget the vegetables. Give me Cheerios several times a day, stick to boring foods thank you. Feed me icecream, icecream, icecream. And don't forget that I need lots of naps, sunscreen, and attention!

No comments: