Thursday, January 04, 2007

Faye Levy!

How cool! I got this post on my blog (repeating here because the replies sort of get burried unless you expand 'em):
Hi Zehava,

Congratulations! I hope you'll have much joy from Ahuva!

I enjoy your lively writing style and your sense of humor.

Some weeks ago you mentioned your "Faye Levy project" and I have to say, I've never been a project before! What did you mean - cooking from my articles?

Best of luck in all your projects, and happy 2007,
 
 
Thank you!
What I mean is that sometime during pregnancy, I started working my way through all the recipes in your book Faye Levy's International Jewish Cookbook. I received the book as a graduation gift from my aunt in 1992. I was inspired to make it a "project" after reading the wonderful book Julie and Julia while on bed rest in the 2nd trimester. That book describes a young woman's valiant attempt to cook every single recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking within a year.
My mother is cooking for me now and may attempt some new recipes from your book!
 

No comments: